About Dr. Steven Messerschmidt
Aurora Chiropractic Center was established in 1983 in Juneau, Alaska by Dr. Steven D. Messerschmidt FACO & Lisa K Messerschmidt. This practice specializes in Chiropractic Orthopedics and Nutritional Therapy. Dr. Messerschmidt is currently licensed in Alaska, Montana & Washington. He has served on the Board of Chiropractic Examiners for Governors' Cooper and Knowles.
Dr. Messerschmidt is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic, in Iowa. He is a certified Chiropractic Orthopedist and certified in Orthotics Fittings. Dr. Messerschmidt earned his Diplomate status following graduation from Palmer College of Chiropractic by taking the Orthopedic postgraduate program through LACC, Now Southern California University of Health Science.
Dr. Messerschmidt and his wife Lisa are life long residents of Juneau. Their eldest daughter, Stefanie is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic. Their youngest daughter, Jillian is a graduate of the Oregon Culinary Institute and is now working for Dr. Messerschmidt and living in Juneau.
As a family, they love boating, fishing, hunting, riding horses, and playing with their dogs.
Dr. Messerschmidt grew up in Juneau Alaska. The Messerschmidt family has been an established Juneau family since the late 1800s. When you visit the office, be sure to view the pictures on the walls - It's quite a history lesson.
Dr. Messerschmidt is a member of both the American Chiropractic Association and the American College of Chiropractic Orthopedists.
- Western Washington University, Bellingham, Washington
- Pre-Medical training toward BS in Chemistry (1976-1978)
- Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa
- Doctor of Chiropractic (1979-1982)
- Los Angeles Chiropractic College, Los Angeles, California
- Earned 312 hours of post-graduate education in chiropractic orthopedics (1986-1988)
- Board Certification, Diplomate, American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics, (D.A.B.C.O.) October 21, 1989
- Licensed in the states of Alaska, Montana, and Washington
- Department Assistant in clinical technique at Palmer College of Chiropractic. Supervised clinic interns at Palmer College from May 1982 through October 1982. - This position required superior clinical proficiency in chiropractic technique.
- Radiology Intern at Palmer College of Chiropractic from February 1982 through October 1982. - This position required a demonstration of knowledge and ability in Roentgenological procedures.
- Appointment by the Governor of the State of Alaska to the State Board of Chiropractic Examiners from January 1990 through July 2002.
- Practiced at Davis Chiropractic Clinic from October 1982 through February 1983.
- Established successful private practice, Aurora Chiropractic Center, May 1983 to present.
- Member of American Chiropractic Association
- Past Southeast Alaska Regional Chairperson, American Chiropractic Association
- Member of Alaska Chiropractic Society
- Vice President, Alaska Chiropractic Society from 1985-1986, 1995-1996, 1998-1999
- Member of The Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedist of the Council of Chiropractic Orthopedist
- Member of American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedists
- Member of Washington Chiropractic Association
- Member of Council on Chiropractic Orthopedists of the American Chiropractic Association
- Past member of Alaska Board of Examiners, State of Alaska
- Member of Alaska Workers Compensation Oversight Committee
- Member of Alaska State Board of Chiropractic Examiners 11/16/98 - 07/15/02
- Contributor to "The Chiropractic Shoulder Book". - A leaflet distributed by Krames Communications, published in 1986
- D.C. Tracts - Audio Lecture on "Diagnosis and Treatment of Epicondylitis" Lectures, Conferences and Presentations
- Attended "Sports Injuries", January 1989, Los Angeles, California. Los Angeles College of Chiropractic Post Graduate Division, co-sponsor, Kim Christensen, D.C., lecturer.
- Lectured at the University of Alaska Southeast, "Training For The Total Athlete, Care, and Prevention of Athletic Injuries", October 28, 1989.
- Attended a three-day conference in January 1993, which covered all aspects of MRI and CT imaging, to include musculoskeletal, head and neck, thoracic and lumbar spine, conducted at First Hill Diagnostic Imaging Center, Seattle, Washington, Bruce Porter, M.D., Radiologist Oncologist, Medical Director, lecturer.
- Attended "Whiplash and TMJ Injuries", April 1994 in Los Angeles, California, co-sponsored by Los Angeles College of Chiropractic and Interdisciplinary TMD Association (ITA), Dennis Pl Steigerwald, D.C.
- Attended "Cervico-Thoracic Complaints", October 1994 at NMS Analysis Center, Bellevue, Washington, Susan L. Vlasuk, D.C., Diplomate, American Chiropractic Board of Radiology, lecturer.
- Presented paper, "Diagnosis and Treatment of RSD: A Case Study" at the ACCO Academy annual conference, March 12, 1997, New Orleans, Louisiana.